Ghana Confirms First Coronavirus Case
Ghana has now joined her neighbors Togo, Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso to confirm her first case of the deadly Coronavirus. The ministry of health has confirmed the first two cases of COVID – 19 in Ghana. The cases were confirmed on the 12th of March, 2020.
The Noguchi Memorial Institute for medical research confirmed the two cases after having access to the laboratory result. Both individuals returned to Ghana from Norway and Turkey. The two patients are currently being kept in isolation and are stable. They have also initiated processes for contact tracing, according to the government.
All Ghanaians are encouraged to take care of their health and that of their families by adhering to the following precautionary measures:
- Regular and thorough washing of hands with soap under running water and use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Keep a distance of at least two meters from a person with fever, cough, sneezing, and difficulty in breathing.
- It is advisable to be physically active, drinking plenty of water, eat healthy, avoid stress and have enough sleep.
- Stay home if you feel unwell with symptoms of fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing.
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing (severe cases)